Professional Grooming Training
The Grooming School, a foundation member of Pets Australia, is offering a flat 5% discount to any Pets Australia member on any non-accredited Grooming course. The Grooming School offers a range of courses from Basic through to Masters levels . Christine Speerin, the head instructor is an Internationally recognized groomer and judge. The Grooming School also conducts grooming seminars and workshops including classes in creative grooming.
Members can contact The Grooming School directly and quote their member number or you can just email email@example.com quoting THE GROOMING SCHOOL in the subject line and we will pass the message through for you
Grooming Technician Course
A basic training system to develop a good employee, this course can be taken as a theory-only course or as a combined theory/practical course. This course is designed to produce a bather/brusher, and includes:
- how to be a good employee, phone, admission, form filling, uniforms, presentation
- OHS and other employee responsibilities in the workplace, hygienic work practices, zoonoses, safe handling
- basic coat types, dog & cat breeds, animal “language”, safety around animals
- ears, eyes, nails, glands and general workup before the bath
- bathing, drying and brushing, preparing a coat for professional styling
Course cost depends on the method, but can be as little as $400 (GST incl) and includes study guide, mentor throughout the study period, examinations, marking, certificate production, registration and “Pet Owner” membership of Pets Australia.
For more information or to sign up contact petsaustralia@petsaustralia and quote “GROOMING TECHNICIAN” in the subject line.